RUGBY: St Ives extend winning streak thanks to their biggest success of the season
- Credit: Archant
Table-topping St Ives swept to their biggest victory of the season last Saturday.
Phil Brown’s men reeled off a fifth consecutive Midlands Division Three East (South) win when condemning hosts Northampton Men’s Own to a fifth successive loss.
The final 45-7 scoreline was a reflection of the gulf in quality between the sides sat top and bottom of this section.
Jack Blackley, Duncan Williams and Ollie Raine all went over for tries in the first half as St Ives eased into a 19-0 lead by the break.
And the Bulls quickly sealed their latest success as Tommy Newman touched down twice in quick succession following the restart.
Raine added his second try before Paul Ashbridge completed another mighty haul of points. He also sent over five of his conversion attempts.
The home side claimed the consolation of a converted try in the final minute.
- 1 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 Man in 60s hit over head in Somersham
- 10 Horrible deja vu for Gill as St Neots Town find another way to miss victory
St Ives switch their attention to another competition this Saturday. They go to Midlands Division Three East (North) side Kesteven in the third round of the Midlands Senior Vase.