RUGBY: St Ives extend winning streak thanks to their biggest success of the season
- Credit: Archant
Table-topping St Ives swept to their biggest victory of the season last Saturday.
Phil Brown’s men reeled off a fifth consecutive Midlands Division Three East (South) win when condemning hosts Northampton Men’s Own to a fifth successive loss.
The final 45-7 scoreline was a reflection of the gulf in quality between the sides sat top and bottom of this section.
Jack Blackley, Duncan Williams and Ollie Raine all went over for tries in the first half as St Ives eased into a 19-0 lead by the break.
And the Bulls quickly sealed their latest success as Tommy Newman touched down twice in quick succession following the restart.
You may also want to watch:
Raine added his second try before Paul Ashbridge completed another mighty haul of points. He also sent over five of his conversion attempts.
The home side claimed the consolation of a converted try in the final minute.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
St Ives switch their attention to another competition this Saturday. They go to Midlands Division Three East (North) side Kesteven in the third round of the Midlands Senior Vase.