RUGBY: Paviors get Tango’d as Morgan stars for Stags
- Credit: Archant
Tango Morgan toasted a try double as Huntingdon & District claimed their first win of the season.
Stags tasted success in their opening Racecourse outing of 2016/17 when beating Paviors 27-10 in a Midlands Division One East clash last Saturday – and all the points were shared by two men.
The boot of Tad Chapman was responsible for 17 of them as he kicked five penalties and a conversion, while Morgan twice went over for tries.
Stags held an early lead courtesy of Chapman’s first successful penalty, but a converted try then put the visitors in the ascendancy.
Morgan changed that when forcing his way over after a smart offload, while a Chapman conversion and another penalty stretched Stags’ advantage to 13-7 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
And the hosts’ margin of victory was made considerably more emphatic by a hat-trick of penalties in the second period before Morgan capitalised on a Reggie Reid break to cross the line for a second time.
Stags handed a senior debut to Matthew Waring against Paviors and head coach Damien Whales is likely to have further selection headaches ahead of a trip to Bugbrooke this Saturday.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Points-machine Dan Malem is available after returning from a six-month stint in New Zealand while Russ Polson is back from playing American football.
Stags’ second XV launch their East Midlands Merit Table campaign at Peterborough this Saturday.