RUGBY: Lewis leads the way as table-topping St Neots triumph again
- Credit: Archant
Lewis Hall piled up the points to help St Neots continue their perfect Midlands Division Four East (South) record last Saturday.
Hall, who stood in at fly-half, grabbed two tries and kicked four conversions in a 31-22 success at strugglers Aylestone St James.
But a fifth consecutive league triumph certainly wasn’t a cakewalk for Steve Gibson’s table-toppers who found themelves behind at half-distance.
They trailed 8-7 at the break after losing key man Joe Woodgate to injury and only having a converted Dave Hopkins try to how for their efforts in the opening 40 minutes.
Aiden Jordan saw a try disallowed early in the second period before Rory Dingemans went over, but the hosts replied with a score of their own.
You may also want to watch:
Saints responded by piling on the pressure and were rewarded with a Rhod Howcroft touchdown ahead of Hall’s brace which secured victory before Aylestone St James grabbed a consolation.
St Neots don’t have another league fixture until November 25 when they entertain Bedford Swifts.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house