RUGBY: Fernie at the double in St Neots success
- Credit: Archant
St Neots racked up a half-century of points for the second time this season when extending their perfect Midlands Division Four East (South) start.
The local lads ran in eights tries when thumping Thorney 50-7 to record a third successive league victory.
Phill Fernie touched down twice with Matt Carwright, Aiden Jordan, Matt Davies, Joe Woodgate, Lewis Hall and Dave Hopkins also crossing the line.
Hall also guided over five of his conversion attempts as second-placed Saints set up a top-of-the-table showdown this Saturday when they host leaders Wellingborough OG at The Common.
The two teams are locked together on points, but St Neots have a game in hand on their visitors, who are also unbeaten so far.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s second XV – the Cardinals – suffered a 35-27 defeat at the hands of Corby side Stewart & Lloyds last weekend.
Dan Hill, Josh Lofty, Aedan Pearsall, Marcin Kmieciak and Rhod Howcroft claimed tries for the St Neots side while Steve Gibson added one conversion.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house