Royals race into the Premier League
- Credit: Archant
The Eynesbury-based dragon boat racers’ rise has been confirmed by the sport’s governing body.
Cambridgeshire Royals have been promoted to the Premier League of their sport.
The Royals are rewarded for a second-placed finish in the Standard League in their first full season of competitive racing following their formation in 2014.
Team manager Paul Saywell said: “It just goes to show that it’s not all about being an athlete and being super strong. We are a mixed crew with a majority of female paddlers and juniors, who mostly only started this sport 18 months ago.
“I am so proud of this achievement, which is a reflection of the hard work and effort put in by all the members of the club.”
The Royals are always on the look out for new members. Anyone interested can contact 07736 311031, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cambridgeshireroyals.co.uk.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told