Royals race into the Premier League
- Credit: Archant
The Eynesbury-based dragon boat racers’ rise has been confirmed by the sport’s governing body.
Cambridgeshire Royals have been promoted to the Premier League of their sport.
The Royals are rewarded for a second-placed finish in the Standard League in their first full season of competitive racing following their formation in 2014.
Team manager Paul Saywell said: “It just goes to show that it’s not all about being an athlete and being super strong. We are a mixed crew with a majority of female paddlers and juniors, who mostly only started this sport 18 months ago.
“I am so proud of this achievement, which is a reflection of the hard work and effort put in by all the members of the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The Royals are always on the look out for new members. Anyone interested can contact 07736 311031, email email@example.com or visit www.cambridgeshireroyals.co.uk.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service