ROWING: Winning streak continues for young St Ives duo
- Credit: Archant
Super St Ives Rowing Club duo Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch continued their hot streak last Sunday.
The Junior 15 double sculls stars took their tally of victories to four in three weeks when impressing at the Bedford Small Boats Head of the River event.
They were the quickest pairing in their category by 31 seconds and also clocked the 34th fastest time overall in an event featuring 385 crews in a host of different disciplines.
Hasted and Crouch completed the 2,000m course in 7 mins, 22 secs. That would also have earned them victory in the Junior 16 bracket as well!
The latest triumph followed up a double at a St Neots Rowing Club event the previous weekend. Hasted and Crouch were also in winning form at the Yare Cup, in Norwich, on September 22.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Maddison is also enjoying a fine run of form. She was third in the Women’s Junior 17 single sculls at Bedford in 8 mins, 37 secs – only 10 seconds behind the winner.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess