ROWING: Talented Lauren powers to victory at Sudbury Regatta
- Credit: Archant
Lauren Maddison of St Ives Rowing Club won the WJ 16 single sculls event at Sudbury Regatta on Saturday.
The youngster came through a tough race over a challenging 650m course on the River Stour, in Suffolk.
Lauren won her first two races with ease against scullers from Deben Rowing Club, and followed it up with another success against a competitor from Huntingdon Boat Club in the final. Lauren took victory in style, winning by some four lengths over Isabel Searle – clocking a time of 3mins 3secs.
Club mate Elliott Hammond entered the senior single sculls and lost by four lengths to a strong sculler from Cambridge 99 in the first round.
To find out more about St Ives Rowing Club, log on to http://stivesrowingclub.co.uk/about-us.
You may also want to watch:
For the full results from the Sudbury Regatta, log on to http://sudburyrowingclub.org.uk.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity