ROWING: Super St Ives duo sign off with success
- Credit: Archant
Talented St Ives Rowing Club duo Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch saved arguably their best performance until last when signing off from a terrific 2017 on a high.
The J15 double-sculls duo enjoyed success in their final outing of the year at the Hampton Small Boats Head last weekend.
They completed the 3k course on the River Thames in a fine time of 10 mins, 6 secs to triumph in their category, beating the only crew to defeat them all season in the process.
Hasted and Crouch finished 35th overall out of 646 crews taking part in an event open to rowers in the J15 to J18 age groups.
They have enjoyed a super year which has included a host of successes in Head events and summer regattas.
You may also want to watch:
Their clubmate Lauren Maddison also raced at the Hampton Small Boats Head and finished in a creditable 14th position in the Women’s J17 single sculls.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity