ROWING: Successful finish as St Ives members shine in final regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club enjoyed a successful finish to the regatta season last Sunday.
The locals enjoyed four successes at the Cambridge ’99 Autumn Regatta – and Gary Gilbey featured in two of them.
He teamed up with Paul Ashmore to secure Masters D double sculls success against opponents from Globe Rowing Club, in London, and then followed up with a Masters D single sculls triumph against a Peterborough Rowing Club rival.
Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch added another Junior 15 double sculls triumph to their collection of honours.
They breezed to smooth victories against Cantabrigian Rowing Club and Peterborough Rowing Club before prevailing by half-a-length in a tough final against another duo from the latter club.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Maddison overcame a frequent rival – Amelia Moule from Sudbury Rowing Club - in the final of the Women’s Junior 17 single sculls.
Maddison followed up a victory over Moule in St Ives’ home regatta with another success at Cambridge, maintaining a narrow lead throughout for a half-a-length win.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire