ROWING: Successful finish as St Ives members shine in final regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rowing Club enjoyed a successful finish to the regatta season last Sunday.
The locals enjoyed four successes at the Cambridge ’99 Autumn Regatta – and Gary Gilbey featured in two of them.
He teamed up with Paul Ashmore to secure Masters D double sculls success against opponents from Globe Rowing Club, in London, and then followed up with a Masters D single sculls triumph against a Peterborough Rowing Club rival.
Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch added another Junior 15 double sculls triumph to their collection of honours.
They breezed to smooth victories against Cantabrigian Rowing Club and Peterborough Rowing Club before prevailing by half-a-length in a tough final against another duo from the latter club.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Maddison overcame a frequent rival – Amelia Moule from Sudbury Rowing Club - in the final of the Women’s Junior 17 single sculls.
Maddison followed up a victory over Moule in St Ives’ home regatta with another success at Cambridge, maintaining a narrow lead throughout for a half-a-length win.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity