ROWING: St Ives duo sample more success in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Star St Ives Rowing Club duo Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch continued their run of success at the Peterborough Junior Championships last Satuday.
They dominated the Junior 14 double-sculls competition over a 1,000m course at Thorpe Meadows to register a second success in seven days, after impressing at their home regatta the previous weekend.
They clocked the quickest time of any crew in the four heats at Peterborough, easing clear from a Broxbourne pair to win by a length.
A powerful semi-final performance followed as they finished six seconds ahead of their closest challengers Stratford-upon-Avon.
But Hasted and Crouch, who have been rowing together for almost a year, saved their best until last.
You may also want to watch:
They won the final by seven seconds from runners-up Broxbourne with the Stratford crew back in third.
They train four times each week throughout the year, split between the water and gym work.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis