ROWING: Silver medals for star St Ives duo in Junior Inter-Regional Regatta
- Credit: Archant
St Ives duo Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch enjoyed medal success at the Junior Inter-Regional Regatta last Saturday.
The Junior 15 double-sculls duo were part of the Eastern Region team for the event at the National Sports Centre in Nottingham.
Hasted and Crouch finished second to West Midlands in their heat over the 1,500m course and clocked the third-fastest time of the day to advance to the ‘A’ final.
And they were even more impressive in the showpiece race when again finishing second to earn silver medals.
They were only a second behind the triumphant West Region pairing despite seeing their preparations for the event hampered by flooding to the River Great Ouse in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Hasted and Crouch’s fine contribution helped the Eastern Region win the overall team prize.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity