Rowing: Rowers s-oar up list
ROWERS from St Ives shot up the rankings table in the Cambridge Winter League at the weekend. A total of 168 crews from around the region took part in the second round of the three-race Cambridge Winter League series on Sunday. They raced over a 2,600-me
ROWERS from St Ives shot up the rankings table in the Cambridge Winter League at the weekend.
A total of 168 crews from around the region took part in the second round of the three-race Cambridge Winter League series on Sunday. They raced over a 2,600-metre course on the River Cam.
There were 11 crews from St Ives Rowing Club, three eights, four quadruple sculls, a double scull and three single sculls. All the St Ives crews took advantage of the favourable conditions by producing good performances, which moved them up the overall standings. The fastest was the senior quad with a time of 10 minutes 14 seconds, bringing them up from 11th place in the previous heat in January to 7th place now. The quad's accumulated time was 21 minutes, 24 seconds.
The overall winners were the Cantabs with a time of nine minutes, three seconds and an accumulated time of 18 minutes, 57 seconds. The crews will now return to training in preparation for the final round on March 11.
INFORMATION: For details of St Ives Rowing club, see www.stivesrowingclub.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse