Rowing: Henderson’s Great Britain call-up joy
ST NEOTS Rowing Club is celebrating after one of its young rowers was again selected to represent Great Britain. Rosie Henderson, 18, put in an excellent performance at the final selection stage in Nottingham last week, ending a process which began back i
ST NEOTS Rowing Club is celebrating after one of its young rowers was again selected to represent Great Britain.
Rosie Henderson, 18, put in an excellent performance at the final selection stage in Nottingham last week, ending a process which began back in October.
Henderson represented Great Britain last year at the international Coupe de la Jeunesse event but this year she is setting her sights on the World Championships.
Following her performance at Nottingham, the young rower will compete at the major tournament in either the coxless fours or pairs depending on a further series of races to be held this week.
You may also want to watch:
Henderson's selection means St Neots Rowing Club will have provided GB rowers for six consecutive years.
Coach Martyn Rooney, who has again been selected to coach for Great Britain, said: "It really is exceptional news for her. She's got a big future ahead of her.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
"Rosie's a superb racer and a superb motivator. She is fantastic at getting the best out of the others in whatever boat she's in.