Rowing: Henderson’s Great Britain call-up joy
ST NEOTS Rowing Club is celebrating after one of its young rowers was again selected to represent Great Britain. Rosie Henderson, 18, put in an excellent performance at the final selection stage in Nottingham last week, ending a process which began back i
ST NEOTS Rowing Club is celebrating after one of its young rowers was again selected to represent Great Britain.
Rosie Henderson, 18, put in an excellent performance at the final selection stage in Nottingham last week, ending a process which began back in October.
Henderson represented Great Britain last year at the international Coupe de la Jeunesse event but this year she is setting her sights on the World Championships.
Following her performance at Nottingham, the young rower will compete at the major tournament in either the coxless fours or pairs depending on a further series of races to be held this week.
You may also want to watch:
Henderson's selection means St Neots Rowing Club will have provided GB rowers for six consecutive years.
Coach Martyn Rooney, who has again been selected to coach for Great Britain, said: "It really is exceptional news for her. She's got a big future ahead of her.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 3 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 4 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 5 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 6 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 7 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 8 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 9 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 10 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
"Rosie's a superb racer and a superb motivator. She is fantastic at getting the best out of the others in whatever boat she's in.