Rovers pay the penalty
Ridgeons League Division One Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1 A GOOD crowd for Rovers first home game of the season couldn t prevent the side from slipping to defeat. Rovers young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine save
Ridgeons League Division One
Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1
A GOOD crowd for Rovers' first home game of the season couldn't prevent the side from slipping to defeat.
Rovers' young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine saves from goalkeeper Stuart Chapman to keep the scores level.
Goddy came out strongly after the break, but missed forward Paul Bass who had limped off before half-time and failed to take the chances they created.
Stowmarket punished the home side on 75 minutes when they netted the winning goal from the spot after a trip by Rovers defender Rob Stamper.
- 1 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 2 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 6 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
- 9 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 10 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
Joint manager Karly Hurst said: "It was great to see the local people come back to the club and it's a shame we couldn't get the right result. If we'd have taken our chances in the second half we'd probably have gone on to win and I think we deserved a point overall.
"I'd like to say a big thank you to the crowd for their turnout."
* Rovers take on Great Yarmouth Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.