Rovers pay the penalty
Ridgeons League Division One Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1 A GOOD crowd for Rovers first home game of the season couldn t prevent the side from slipping to defeat. Rovers young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine save
Ridgeons League Division One
Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1
A GOOD crowd for Rovers' first home game of the season couldn't prevent the side from slipping to defeat.
Rovers' young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine saves from goalkeeper Stuart Chapman to keep the scores level.
Goddy came out strongly after the break, but missed forward Paul Bass who had limped off before half-time and failed to take the chances they created.
Stowmarket punished the home side on 75 minutes when they netted the winning goal from the spot after a trip by Rovers defender Rob Stamper.
- 1 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 2 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 5 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 8 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 9 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 10 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
Joint manager Karly Hurst said: "It was great to see the local people come back to the club and it's a shame we couldn't get the right result. If we'd have taken our chances in the second half we'd probably have gone on to win and I think we deserved a point overall.
"I'd like to say a big thank you to the crowd for their turnout."
* Rovers take on Great Yarmouth Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.