Rovers pay the penalty
Ridgeons League Division One Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1 A GOOD crowd for Rovers first home game of the season couldn t prevent the side from slipping to defeat. Rovers young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine save
Ridgeons League Division One
Godmanchester Rovers 0 Stowmarket Town 1
A GOOD crowd for Rovers' first home game of the season couldn't prevent the side from slipping to defeat.
Rovers' young side began nervously and the side were indebted to some fine saves from goalkeeper Stuart Chapman to keep the scores level.
You may also want to watch:
Goddy came out strongly after the break, but missed forward Paul Bass who had limped off before half-time and failed to take the chances they created.
Stowmarket punished the home side on 75 minutes when they netted the winning goal from the spot after a trip by Rovers defender Rob Stamper.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Joint manager Karly Hurst said: "It was great to see the local people come back to the club and it's a shame we couldn't get the right result. If we'd have taken our chances in the second half we'd probably have gone on to win and I think we deserved a point overall.
"I'd like to say a big thank you to the crowd for their turnout."
* Rovers take on Great Yarmouth Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.