Rovers make their point
UCL Division One Rushden & Higham Utd 1 Eynesbury Rovers 1 DESPITE having seven players missing through injuries, suspensions and unavailability, Al Lenihan s men picked up a good point at Rushden. Rovers created the first chance of the game when Dwayne
UCL Division One
Rushden & Higham Utd 1 Eynesbury Rovers 1
DESPITE having seven players missing through injuries, suspensions and unavailability, Al Lenihan's men picked up a good point at Rushden.
Rovers created the first chance of the game when Dwayne Rankin tested the home goalkeeper with a looping effort before visiting keeper Danny Workman was tested with a fizzing drive.
Stuart Humphreys and Jamie Graham had further good efforts for Eynesbury and Dan Woodhead saw his header saved.
The home side took the lead three minutes before half-time through Steve Ainge but Rovers levelled inside one minute of the second period when Rankin looped the ball home following a good move.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
Workman was called into action as Rovers held on for the point, through Chris Brown and Humphreys could have won it at near the finish.
* This Saturday, Eynesbury host Buckingham Town with a 3pm kick-off and a special Valentine week offer of admission for £1.