Rovers make their point
UCL Division One Rushden & Higham Utd 1 Eynesbury Rovers 1 DESPITE having seven players missing through injuries, suspensions and unavailability, Al Lenihan s men picked up a good point at Rushden. Rovers created the first chance of the game when Dwayne
UCL Division One
Rushden & Higham Utd 1 Eynesbury Rovers 1
DESPITE having seven players missing through injuries, suspensions and unavailability, Al Lenihan's men picked up a good point at Rushden.
Rovers created the first chance of the game when Dwayne Rankin tested the home goalkeeper with a looping effort before visiting keeper Danny Workman was tested with a fizzing drive.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Humphreys and Jamie Graham had further good efforts for Eynesbury and Dan Woodhead saw his header saved.
The home side took the lead three minutes before half-time through Steve Ainge but Rovers levelled inside one minute of the second period when Rankin looped the ball home following a good move.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Workman was called into action as Rovers held on for the point, through Chris Brown and Humphreys could have won it at near the finish.
* This Saturday, Eynesbury host Buckingham Town with a 3pm kick-off and a special Valentine week offer of admission for £1.