Rovers make double comeback
Eynesbury beat New Bradwell St Peter 3-2 in pre-season game at Hall Road
EYNESBURY ROVERS twice came from behind to beat Spartan South Midlands Leaguers New Bradwell St Peter 3-2 in a pre-season friendly at Hall Road on Saturday.
The visitors took the lead in the 12th minute but Neil Morris equalised direct from a 20-yard free-kick two minutes shy of the half-hour mark.
Bradwell regained their lead with a solo effort in the first minute of the second half, but Rovers responded again through a 67th minute Lee Bassett header.
The winning goal came 10 minutes from time when Jez McMurrough forced the ball home from close range from an acute angle.
Eynesbury, who are now joint-managed by Matt Plumb and Paul Dodson, continue their preparations for the new United Counties League Division One campaign on Thursday night when they host St Neots Town.
The game, which will be the first time that the Gary Whitbread Memorial Cup is contested, kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
It is in aid of local charity MAGPAS and admission, which includes a programme, is �5.
Then, on Saturday, Rovers host Blunham as build up continues towards their first league fixture at Rushden & Higham on Saturday, August 13.