Rovers make double comeback
Eynesbury beat New Bradwell St Peter 3-2 in pre-season game at Hall Road
EYNESBURY ROVERS twice came from behind to beat Spartan South Midlands Leaguers New Bradwell St Peter 3-2 in a pre-season friendly at Hall Road on Saturday.
The visitors took the lead in the 12th minute but Neil Morris equalised direct from a 20-yard free-kick two minutes shy of the half-hour mark.
Bradwell regained their lead with a solo effort in the first minute of the second half, but Rovers responded again through a 67th minute Lee Bassett header.
The winning goal came 10 minutes from time when Jez McMurrough forced the ball home from close range from an acute angle.
You may also want to watch:
Eynesbury, who are now joint-managed by Matt Plumb and Paul Dodson, continue their preparations for the new United Counties League Division One campaign on Thursday night when they host St Neots Town.
The game, which will be the first time that the Gary Whitbread Memorial Cup is contested, kicks off at 7.30pm.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
It is in aid of local charity MAGPAS and admission, which includes a programme, is �5.
Then, on Saturday, Rovers host Blunham as build up continues towards their first league fixture at Rushden & Higham on Saturday, August 13.