Rovers let lead slip and settle for point
UCL Division One Daventry Town 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2 NEW-LOOK Eynesbury kicked off their season with a draw at promotion favourites Daventry Town, after taking a very early two-goal lead. Dean Shipp s men scored the fastest goal of the season so far to sh
UCL Division One
Daventry Town 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2
NEW-LOOK Eynesbury kicked off their season with a draw at promotion favourites Daventry Town, after taking a very early two-goal lead.
Dean Shipp's men scored the fastest goal of the season so far to shock their hosts, debutante David Morbin setting up Peter Collins to score after 18 seconds.
Two minutes later and Eynesbury had doubled their advantage. Another debutante, Sam Argyle, headed in from Ricky Taylor's deep free-kick.
Daventry reacted well with Danny Finlay and Luke Walker going close, but they the did pull a goal back on 38 minutes.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Rovers goalkeeper Danny Workman could only parry an effort from Finlay, and Ryan Byrne netted the loose ball.
After the break, home 'keeper Joe Mellings was called into action, diving to his left to keep out a Stuart Humphreys free kick.
Morbin went close with a deflected effort as the game swayed from end to end.
It was Josh O'Grady who eventually equalised for Daventry.
Eynesbury came closest to snatching a winning goal late on, but it wasn't to be and the opener ended all square.
Rovers host Bugbrooke on Saturday.