Rovers let lead slip and settle for point
UCL Division One Daventry Town 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2 NEW-LOOK Eynesbury kicked off their season with a draw at promotion favourites Daventry Town, after taking a very early two-goal lead. Dean Shipp s men scored the fastest goal of the season so far to sh
UCL Division One
Daventry Town 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2
NEW-LOOK Eynesbury kicked off their season with a draw at promotion favourites Daventry Town, after taking a very early two-goal lead.
Dean Shipp's men scored the fastest goal of the season so far to shock their hosts, debutante David Morbin setting up Peter Collins to score after 18 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later and Eynesbury had doubled their advantage. Another debutante, Sam Argyle, headed in from Ricky Taylor's deep free-kick.
Daventry reacted well with Danny Finlay and Luke Walker going close, but they the did pull a goal back on 38 minutes.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Rovers goalkeeper Danny Workman could only parry an effort from Finlay, and Ryan Byrne netted the loose ball.
After the break, home 'keeper Joe Mellings was called into action, diving to his left to keep out a Stuart Humphreys free kick.
Morbin went close with a deflected effort as the game swayed from end to end.
It was Josh O'Grady who eventually equalised for Daventry.
Eynesbury came closest to snatching a winning goal late on, but it wasn't to be and the opener ended all square.
Rovers host Bugbrooke on Saturday.