Rovers fight back to draw
UCL Division One Eynesbury Rovers 2 Whitworths 2 A CLOSE contest at Hall Road ended with Eynesbury securing only their second draw of the season against the league leaders. Rovers were trailing 2-0 with 11 minutes remaining but two late goals left mana
UCL Division One
Eynesbury Rovers 2
A CLOSE contest at Hall Road ended with Eynesbury securing only their second draw of the season against the league
You may also want to watch:
Rovers were trailing 2-0 with 11 minutes remaining but two late goals left manager Dean Shipp a relieved man.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
David Fisk scored on his return after eight months out through injury before a rasping 30-yard effort from Stuart Humphreys secured a point for the hosts.
Whitworths had two strong penalty appeals turned down in an eventful game and were 2-0 up at the break thanks to a double strike from Ben Foster on 27 and 34 minutes.
However, Eynesbury improved in the second half with Fisk hitting the angle of post and bar before the late drama secured a point for the hosts.
Manager Shipp said: "We dominated the second half and it was a good all-round performance."
Eynesbury were due to face St Ives at Westwood Road in a cup tie last night and travel to Saturday's opponents Whitworths for the reverse fixture at the weekend.
# Godmanchester Rovers slumped out of the Hunts Senior Cup on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Somersham. Rovers missed all their spot-kicks to lose 3-0.