Round-up: Wiggington edges March Open win
March Open ANGLERS gave the March Open match on Sunday good support with many keen to be back on the river bank after the recent wintry weather. It was unfortunate that with the good turnout, the river was flowing very strongly and although there were fis
ANGLERS gave the March Open match on Sunday good support with many keen to be back on the river bank after the recent wintry weather.
It was unfortunate that with the good turnout, the river was flowing very strongly and although there were fish around, presenting the bait was nigh on impossible.
All the best weights came from the wider sections around the by-pass bridge with Van Den Eynde's Barry Wiggington weighing in 12lb 8oz to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
RESULT: 1. Barry Wiggington Van Den Eynde 12lb 8oz; 2. Mick Dixon RAF Team Mosella 12lb 4oz; 3. Gavin Butler Sensas Mark One 10lb 1oz; 4. Pete Jayes Leicester 9lb 4oz; 5. Alex Bates Sensas Mark One 8lb 12oz.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
RAMSEY St Marys to Factory Bank provided the setting after a late venue change for Wednesday's match.
The relocation proved a good choice, with some excellent weights recorded.
The winner was Fox Match Stanjay's Roy Whincup, fishing for Wyton A, with 15lb 2oz of roach and small perch from the peg near the Tesco turn.
Ben Jackson from Marham was second and Ian Hutton from Wyton was third.
RESULT: 1. Roy Whincup Wyton A 15lb 2oz; 2. Ben Jackson Marham A 9lb 11oz;
3. Ian Hutton Wyton B 7lb 8oz.
THE water level had risen over the new platforms making fishing very difficult in Sunday's waggler-only match in Benwick village.
Kevin Gaunt was the winner with 5lb 5oz from Roger Denson and Dave Jarrett.
RESULT: 1. Kevin Gaunt 5lb 5oz; 2. Roger Denson 5lb 3oz; 3. Dave Jarrett 4lb 9oz