Round-up: Wiggington edges March Open win
March Open ANGLERS gave the March Open match on Sunday good support with many keen to be back on the river bank after the recent wintry weather. It was unfortunate that with the good turnout, the river was flowing very strongly and although there were fis
ANGLERS gave the March Open match on Sunday good support with many keen to be back on the river bank after the recent wintry weather.
It was unfortunate that with the good turnout, the river was flowing very strongly and although there were fish around, presenting the bait was nigh on impossible.
All the best weights came from the wider sections around the by-pass bridge with Van Den Eynde's Barry Wiggington weighing in 12lb 8oz to win the match.
RESULT: 1. Barry Wiggington Van Den Eynde 12lb 8oz; 2. Mick Dixon RAF Team Mosella 12lb 4oz; 3. Gavin Butler Sensas Mark One 10lb 1oz; 4. Pete Jayes Leicester 9lb 4oz; 5. Alex Bates Sensas Mark One 8lb 12oz.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Home of the Week
- 9 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
RAMSEY St Marys to Factory Bank provided the setting after a late venue change for Wednesday's match.
The relocation proved a good choice, with some excellent weights recorded.
The winner was Fox Match Stanjay's Roy Whincup, fishing for Wyton A, with 15lb 2oz of roach and small perch from the peg near the Tesco turn.
Ben Jackson from Marham was second and Ian Hutton from Wyton was third.
RESULT: 1. Roy Whincup Wyton A 15lb 2oz; 2. Ben Jackson Marham A 9lb 11oz;
3. Ian Hutton Wyton B 7lb 8oz.
THE water level had risen over the new platforms making fishing very difficult in Sunday's waggler-only match in Benwick village.
Kevin Gaunt was the winner with 5lb 5oz from Roger Denson and Dave Jarrett.
RESULT: 1. Kevin Gaunt 5lb 5oz; 2. Roger Denson 5lb 3oz; 3. Dave Jarrett 4lb 9oz