Round-up: St Ives relinquish lead in Cambridge defeat
ST IVES II took the lead through a Paul Swannell strike against a Cambridge II side they had beaten away from home before the festive break, before falling away to a 3-1 defeat. Early thoughts of more easy points were quickly dispelled and a dozing defenc
ST IVES II took the lead through a Paul Swannell strike against a Cambridge II side they had beaten away from home before the festive break, before falling away to a 3-1 defeat.
Early thoughts of more easy points were quickly dispelled and a dozing defence allowed the unmarked Cambridge forward to equalize.
With Ives in some disarray the visitors seized the chance to crash in two more goals before the break, and with chances few and far between in the second period the Ives side trudged off well-beaten.
ST IVES III took a well-deserved 2-1 win against Market Deeping. Ives fell behind on eight minutes to a soft goal but levelled before the break thanks to good work by Mark Cox and Neil Tuffin, before Cox bagging the goal.
After the break it was a more open game with chances for both sides. Richard Corbett scored the decider to give Ives the three points.
ST IVES IV and Wisbech shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw after Ollie McGlashan and Brad Forsdick both hit the net for St Ives.
- 1 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
ST IVES V created few chances and only had a Matt Peak consolation goal to take from a 2-1 defeat by Rutland.