Round-up: St Ives relinquish lead in Cambridge defeat
ST IVES II took the lead through a Paul Swannell strike against a Cambridge II side they had beaten away from home before the festive break, before falling away to a 3-1 defeat. Early thoughts of more easy points were quickly dispelled and a dozing defenc
ST IVES II took the lead through a Paul Swannell strike against a Cambridge II side they had beaten away from home before the festive break, before falling away to a 3-1 defeat.
Early thoughts of more easy points were quickly dispelled and a dozing defence allowed the unmarked Cambridge forward to equalize.
With Ives in some disarray the visitors seized the chance to crash in two more goals before the break, and with chances few and far between in the second period the Ives side trudged off well-beaten.
ST IVES III took a well-deserved 2-1 win against Market Deeping. Ives fell behind on eight minutes to a soft goal but levelled before the break thanks to good work by Mark Cox and Neil Tuffin, before Cox bagging the goal.
You may also want to watch:
After the break it was a more open game with chances for both sides. Richard Corbett scored the decider to give Ives the three points.
ST IVES IV and Wisbech shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw after Ollie McGlashan and Brad Forsdick both hit the net for St Ives.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
ST IVES V created few chances and only had a Matt Peak consolation goal to take from a 2-1 defeat by Rutland.