Round-up: Somersham miss chances in Hardwick defeat
A round-up of the weekend’s football action
SOMERSHAM Town fell to a heavy defeat at home in the Kershaw Premier against Hardwick.
The final score of 3-0 to the visitors left Somersham in fourth place in the league but ruing a series of missed chances.
Brampton remained unbeaten in Senior A as they sent Sawston packing with a 3-0 result. Hemingfords United got the better of Wisbech Town Reserves with a 1-0 win. There was no luck for Needingworth who gave top-of-the-table Soham a real run for the points. Matt Cox gave Needingworth the lead, and Chris Havard and Mark Joyce.
You may also want to watch:
Soham hit back with a penalty, and a scrambled injury-time winner saw Needingworth go home empty-handed in a 2-1 defeat.
Great Paxton will be hoping to sharpen up their act after losing 4-2 at home to Lakenheath Reserves in Senior B.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
In the Peterborough Premier League, Ramsey suffered their first reversal of the season when they visited Whittlesey United. Ricky Goodale netted but the Rams stumbled to a 3-1 defeat.
Alconbury’s disastrous start to the new campaign continued as they were humbled on their own ground by Coates Athletic. The leaky defence shipped four more goals as the club lost 4-0 and hit bottom spot of the league.
St Neots Town Reserves dispatched ON Chenecks Reserves back to Northampton with a workmanlike 3-1 win in UCL Reserves One. In Reserves Twom the big derby match of the day was St Ives Reserves against Eynesbury Rovers Reserves, the latter taking a 2-0 win.
Needingworth United went away to table-toppers Soham United, but an injury-time winner by the home side spoiled a fine performance.