Round-up: Seven-up for Ives ace Baz
Round-up: St Ives golfer bags hole-in-one
ALL the 7s proved lucky for St Ives Golf Club member Baz Smith when he bagged a hole-in-one at the club’s new course. Using his trusty seven-iron on the par-three seventh hole at 7pm, Smith became the second player to ace at the Giffords Farm course.
Smith, who hit his only previous hole-in-one 13 years ago at Stoke Rochford, said he felt very lucky, especially given that there were only four golfers in the clubhouse when his round finished.
• JANET Lloyd’s nett 70 was enough to win the senior women’s medal at Wyboston Lakes GC, two shots ahead of Faith Stevens.
Anne March won the Women’s Midweek and Weekend Medals. Val Littlewood was the runner-up in midweek, and Sandra Jeram was second at the weekend.
Sophie Mills won the Late Summer Medal with a nett 67, four shots clear of Tara Worthington.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 6 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 7 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 8 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 9 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 10 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
The Men’s Club Championship saw Gavin Hamilton victorious with 148 gross, three shots ahead of Jay Haywood. The Barry Chinn Cup went to Kevin Rahilly, Luke Thomas took the Secretary’s Shield and Peter Ramsden won the Ron Neville Shield. The August Saturday Medal saw Stuart Entwistle beat Jean Luc Farr with a round of nett 60.
• THE Lakeside Lodge Senior mixed team entertained Colmworth & North Beds GC in a summer friendly where four of the six matches were not decided until the final two greens. Colmworth held their nerve to win 5�-�.
• OLIVE Parkinson won the Lita Rose Salver at Ramsey Golf Club with 40 points, a point ahead of Nancy Smith.
• AT ST Ives GC, Julie Walter won the Medal Silver Division with a nett 81, with Stephanie LeCaille (nett 75) and Sally Whitaker (nett 80) winning Bronze A and B respectively.