Round-up: Seven-up for Ives ace Baz
Round-up: St Ives golfer bags hole-in-one
ALL the 7s proved lucky for St Ives Golf Club member Baz Smith when he bagged a hole-in-one at the club’s new course. Using his trusty seven-iron on the par-three seventh hole at 7pm, Smith became the second player to ace at the Giffords Farm course.
Smith, who hit his only previous hole-in-one 13 years ago at Stoke Rochford, said he felt very lucky, especially given that there were only four golfers in the clubhouse when his round finished.
• JANET Lloyd’s nett 70 was enough to win the senior women’s medal at Wyboston Lakes GC, two shots ahead of Faith Stevens.
You may also want to watch:
Anne March won the Women’s Midweek and Weekend Medals. Val Littlewood was the runner-up in midweek, and Sandra Jeram was second at the weekend.
Sophie Mills won the Late Summer Medal with a nett 67, four shots clear of Tara Worthington.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
The Men’s Club Championship saw Gavin Hamilton victorious with 148 gross, three shots ahead of Jay Haywood. The Barry Chinn Cup went to Kevin Rahilly, Luke Thomas took the Secretary’s Shield and Peter Ramsden won the Ron Neville Shield. The August Saturday Medal saw Stuart Entwistle beat Jean Luc Farr with a round of nett 60.
• THE Lakeside Lodge Senior mixed team entertained Colmworth & North Beds GC in a summer friendly where four of the six matches were not decided until the final two greens. Colmworth held their nerve to win 5�-�.
• OLIVE Parkinson won the Lita Rose Salver at Ramsey Golf Club with 40 points, a point ahead of Nancy Smith.
• AT ST Ives GC, Julie Walter won the Medal Silver Division with a nett 81, with Stephanie LeCaille (nett 75) and Sally Whitaker (nett 80) winning Bronze A and B respectively.