Round-up: Priory battle but Goddy lift cup

GODMANCHESTER won the U12 League Cup final 5-2 against a battling Priory A side that could only field eight players. Injuries and holidays left Priory depleted, but they restricted Godmanchester to a single Calum Brown goal in the first half. Archie Maggs

GODMANCHESTER won the U12 League Cup final 5-2 against a battling Priory A side that could only field eight players.

Injuries and holidays left Priory depleted, but they restricted Godmanchester to a single Calum Brown goal in the first half.

Archie Maggs doubled the Goddy advantage in the second half, before Jack Hutchinson reduced the deficit for Priory. Rovers tied up the match with strikes from Greg Goodwin, Ashley Hehir and Maggs again, though Dominic Mason hit a second for Priory.


WARBOYS hit five goals in the first half of their 6-4 win over Little Paxton.

Liam Baker bagged a hat-trick and Ryan Bullard hit a brace to put Warboys in control by the break.

Most Read

Paxton found form in the second half to score four, but a fourth goal for Baker left Warboys 6-4 winners.


HEMINGFORD edged out St Ives Rangers M 2-1 in a finely balanced match.

Rangers took the early advantage with a well worked goal but Sam Hardwick levelled before the break.

Christopher Oliver in the Hemingford goal made a fine save late in the match to keep his team in it, before Hemingford broke for Sam Pryor to feed Bertie Kemp who slid his shot under the keeper.

Godmanchester brought up a dozen in a 12-1 win over an enthusiastic Stukeley Meadows team.

There were four goals for Adam Hunt, a hat-trick for Ollie Pocklington, and doubles for Dominic Forshaw and Oscar Bryden, with a Tamsyn Sibanda goal putting the icing on the cake. A hard-working Meadows team grabbed their goal through Leopard Bragg.

Alconbury grabbed an early lead at home to Buckden White but the visitors surged back to win a well contested match 4-1.

Joe Brooks levelled for Buckden and good defensive play by Laurence Palmer and Ben Reed kept the home side shackled.

James Gould netted Buckden's second and Adam Brown hit the third before the scoring was completed by Louis Spicer.

Brampton needed a hat-trick from Jamie Bunn and a fine goalkeeping display by Euan Hamilton to take the spoils against Bluntisham Red. Marcus Reed weighed in with a brace and Jordan Locke notched a single as Brampton took the game 6-4.


NEEDINGWORTH proved too strong for Fenstanton Blue, running out 4-2 winners. Goals from Ryan Batford, Benjamin Casey and a double from Joshua Smith did the job.

St Neots Sky Blue battered Symonds Green Lions 9-1 in a one-sided encounter. Keiron Gumm notched four and Sam Cartwright bagged a hat-trick with Ruben Rai and Joe Gore scoring one apiece.

The Dark Blues found life more difficult and went down 2-0 to the Tigers.


ST NEOTS stayed top of the league after hitting Bishop's Stortford for six.

The goals came from Cameron Stump (2), Tommy Fairbrass, Jonothan Riley, Johan Shone and Cameron Harris, though Stortford netted a consolation at the end.

An entertaining encounter between Little Paxton and Alconbury saw Paxton win 4-3.

Alconbury opened strongly and took a two-goal lead through Storm Gardner and Nathan Rigden before Paxton hit their stride and bagged four. George Martin pulled one back but an equaliser could not be found.

Godmanchester Rovers proved too strong for an enthusiastic Eaton Socon team.

Socon scored first but it was Rovers that ran out 7-1 after Jack Donnellan had redressed the balance.

Jared McNamara and Jake Bennett made it 3-1 by the break, and Rovers stretched their legs in the second period.

Archie Campbell scored with a stunning long-range strike, Bradley Mead popped one home and Bennett added two more for his hat-trick.


ST IVES Rangers A will feel they deserved more than a 6-2 defeat at Newmarket after a good team performance. Ammar El-Gabban netted both Ives goals.

Ramsey also suffered defeat at the hands of Newmarket as the Suffolk side ran out 6-1 winners, with Rowan Abraham's goal all Ramsey had to show.


SOMERSHAM collected another scalp with a workmanlike 2-1 win over Willingham.

A brace from in-form striker Danni Isaksen in the first half was enough for the points despite Willingham's second-half fightback.

Lewis Bowcutt put Sawston to the sword as Buckden took the points in a fast and open 7-3 win. Bowcutt bagged a hat-trick in the game and further goals came from Sam Crane, Ben Evans and Matt Le Farge.

Goals from Callum Townsend (2), Abir Ahmed and a headed goal from Nathan Paine secured a fine 4-0 win for Needingworth against a spirited Cottenham side.


RAMSEY and Spartak 78 shared the points in a 2-2 draw, with Dom Gowland and Liam Parish bagging the Ramsey goals.

Warboys had to work hard to draw the sting out of Histon Hornets.

After a goalless first half, Ryan Judd and Levi Massie scored a goal each to see Warboys to a 2-0 win.

Brampton Spartans could only field 10 players for their match against Bar Hill, but a sterling team performance almost earned them a share of the spoils from Bar Hill.

Chris Parker and an own goal gave Spartans a lead but Bar Hill surged back into a 4-2 lead.

Kierren Murray netted Spartans' third with only minutes remaining, but any chance of an equaliser was scuppered by the clock as Bar Hill won 4-3.


ALCONBURY were made to work hard for a 3-2 win at Papworth.

Glyn Smith scored the opener for Alconbury and added a second in the second half after Lawrence Francis's fine volley.

Priory went goal-crazy against Benwick as they racked up their biggest-ever win.

The goals rained in as Kevin Neal hit four and Christian Duddridge two. There were singles for Adam Welham , Luke Severn, Jamie Din and Rob Baldwyn and an own goal, leaving the final score at 11-2 to Priory.


TAYLOR Brooks netted the only goal of a hard-fought semi-final as St Neots beat Milton 1-0 to secure their place in the final of the Knock-out Cup.

Both teams created chances in an open first half, rattling the woodwork at both ends. Saints created the better of the second-half goal opportunities and deservedly progressed to the final against Bar Hill.