Round-up: Paxton take a home beating
GREAT Paxton, Hemingfords and Somersham all suffered defeats in the Kershaw A last Saturday. Bottom club Paxton took a 6-0 beating at home to Milton and Hemingfords fell 3-2 against lowly Castle Camps. Somersham s title credentials were put in doubt by
GREAT Paxton, Hemingfords and Somersham all suffered defeats in the Kershaw A last Saturday.
Bottom club Paxton took a 6-0 beating at home to Milton and Hemingfords fell 3-2 against lowly Castle Camps.
Somersham's title credentials were put in doubt by a 3-0 hiding by Debden, another bottom-half club. Brampton restored some pride to the area, visiting Wisbech Reserves and picking up a 5-1 win.
In Kershaw B, the two bottom clubs went head-to-head for a real six-pointer. Home club Bluntisham, who sit bottom, had little to cheer about going down 5-2 against Cottenham Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Hemingfords Reserves took the bragging rights with a 2-1 win over Fenstanton in 1B, Somersham Reserves' visit to Bottisham resulted in a 1-1 draw but St Ives Rangers netted the points in a 2-1 win over Sutton.
Huntingdon RGE thumped March 4-1 in 2B and in 3A Eaton Socon A were on fire.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
Luke Askinazy scored five against a hapless Foxton Reserves, and Sean Cane, Glen Grimes, Chris Hill and Adam Randall all got on the scoresheet in the 9-1 win.
Fenstanton Reserves progressed in the KO Cup after recording a fine 2-1 win over higher-league opposition Fulbourne Institute.
In the Peterborough Premier, Ramsey leapfrogged AFC Fletton by winning 2-1 in Peterborough but Alconbury dropped points in the 2-2 draw against mid-table Parsons Drove.
Ramsey Reserves took a 1-1 draw against Long Sutton but their A team fell apart in a 6-0 defeat at home to Ketton. Alconbury Reserves continued to lead their division after seeing off the challenge of Werrington 2-0.
The bells rang out at Warboys as the Reserves dished out a 7-2 mauling to Stilton Reserves, with Jardine Belle leading the way with a well taken hat-trick.
Sawtry continued their impressive form as they progressed in the PFA Cup at the expense of Thorney, who sit one division above them. Ben Flanz and Craig Smith both found the net in the 2-0 win.