Round-up: Brown hat-trick stirs Priory

Huntingdonshire colts action


FALLING a goal behind inside five minutes stirred Priory U13A into action against Hampton.

They moved into a two-goal lead by the break and won 7-1 thanks to goals from Jordan Brown (3), Rowan Irvine (2), Reece Keating and Dom Mason.

The U15s crashed against last year’s champions Spartak, with the final score a resounding 7-0 defeat.

A last-minute free-kick settled the derby between the Priory U14C and B teams. The bragging rights went to the U14C with a narrow 1-0 win.

A tight first half saw the U16s lead by a Liam Dawson strike against Great Paxton. Paxton equalised at the restart, but Priory went up a gear as Dawson, Christian Duddridge and two Harry Joyce goals took them to a 5-2 win.

Most Read

The U12s were on the back foot at the break as they trailed Bottisham 3-0.

Jack Morrison netted a double and Ollie Curliss-Ackrill one as Priory hit back to send the cup tie into extra time, but Bottisham finished strongly to win 5-3.

Priory U13 Girls overcame a tough match against Rowdies to win 3-2. Ellie Clark netted twice but Rowdies levelled before Millie Franklin scored the winner.


LUKE Toates bagged a first-half hat-trick for the U11s as they overran St Ives Rangers 7-0. There was also a brace apiece for Will Greatorex and Sean Fowler.

The U7 team and Sawtry met in a game that went Hemingford’s way. Joe Halls bagged five, Tom Smith three, Mark Pater a brace and there were singles for Dominic Fairholm, Louis Cobb, and Harry Butcher.


THERE was high drama in the cup match between the U12s and Little Paxton that went to a penalty shoot-out.

Spartans led with two goals from Blaize Walker-Gleeson before Paxton netted two late goals to take the game into extra time.

Jake Winterburn put Spartans in front but with less than five minutes on the clock Paxton made it 3-3. Penalties decided the tie, with Paxton emerging victorious 5-4.

Trailing 3-1 at the break, the U15s turned things upside down against Girton to win 5-4. Jools Arts and Dom Stevens started the fire with a goal each, and skipper Jake Burrill’s brace lit the fireworks for the celebrations.

Spartans U13A got their just rewards in a 9-1 win as they swept aside �Shelford. Fraser Jones bagged a hat-trick, George Smith a double and �singles came from Harry Clarke, Henry Yocum, Max Bradshaw-Clifford and Maurycy �Rzeszutek.

The U11 Reds bossed their game against Priory, winning 8-1. James Wilkins netted four and there were two each for Alex Hopkinson and Will Brackley.


FIVE goals from Harry Carlisle helped the U12s to an 11-0 win over Ramsey.

There were two goals for Josh Heaford and one each for Finlay Chandler, Alex Green, Billy Hopkin and Callum Stocking.

The U14s marched through to the next round of the League Cup with a 5-2 win over Saffron Walden. Josh Topham notched two with Scott Pepper, Bradley Smith and Kieran Price making it five.

Tierney Poore slotted home the winner for the U14 Girls in a close cup match against Chatteris. Sasha Smith smashed home the first but a penalty brought Chatteris back into the game before Poore decided the tie.

Rangers U12s got the better of Godmanchester 5-3 in the cup.

Goals by William Rolt and Ruben Trillo matched the Goddy goals in the first half and Thomas Johnson, Matthew Wright and Adam Roberts took the match away from the visitors.


ROVERS U14B and Comberton shared the honours at 2-2 with George Slocombe in the Rovers goal making some crucial saves.

Comberton led before Matthew Pates and Josh Stephens put Rovers ahead, but Comberton profited from a lapse to take a point.

A spirited Stretham side were no match for the rampant Rovers U13B, who won the day 11-0.

Matt Burgess crashed in four goals and Max Darer got a hat-trick. The goal-fest was completed by Gavin Seamen, Lewis Gabb and Matt Moreton.

The U12s fought hard before exiting the League Cup at the hands of St Ives Rangers.

Alfie Toseland and Patrick Forshaw netted one apiece as Rovers went in all-square at the break and Jared McNamara netted a late third, leaving Rovers beaten at 5-3.

Will Taylor set the U13A side on the way to a 3-1 win against Peterborough City. Ashley Hehir added one each side of half time to secure a place in the County Cup quarter-finals.

Fulbourn were value for their 5-3 win over a hard-working U14A. Goddy goals came from Jamie Rutter, Sean Olley and Chris Kaye.

Two Adam Hawthorne strikes and goals from Gus Murphy, Lewis Collins, Huw Kania-Haughton and Tom Hodgson saw that the U16B team recorded a 6-3 win at Benwick.

A lone Matt Kent strike was all the U11s had to show following their 3-1 defeat to Littleport.


FOUR goals by Josh Smith for the U11s were instrumental in a fine 5-2 win over St Neots, and Benjamin Casey added the fifth.

A hat-trick by Alex Dick and a single from Olly Mead saw the U12s to a 4-2 win over Walpole


KYLE McPartlin hammered home four goals in the U15s’ 5-1 win against Chatteris. Jake Temple added the other.

The U16s battled back from a goal down to win 2-1 against Balsham thanks to Rob Sayer’s brace.

The U11s were on song in a 10-0 win at Newmarket. Four goals each for Robbie Arthur and Liam Carrigan set the tone, and Oliver Stevens and Jacob Darlington brought it to double figures.

Ryan Pratt netted the consolation for the U10A as they went down 4-1 to Alconbury Blue. There was little joy in the U10B and U11 camps as they crashed 11-1 and 11-0 to Somersham Amber and St Ives respectively.


SAINTS U12s brushed aside Letchworth to continue their winning streak. Neots led 3-0 at the break, thanks to Josh Roberts’ double and Sam Cartwright’s goal. Roberts completed his hat-trick as Saints won 4-0.

The U14s were two down inside two minutes against Austen, but Shaun Maumbe pulled a goal back. Further goals from Matthew Gilbert and Raj Sunner were a consolation as Austen ran away 9-3 winners.


JACOB Pack led the Blues U10s attack with devastating results at Ramsey. Pack netted three goals in the first half and one more after the break as Alconbury won 4-1.

Reds U10s were in a mean mood against Bluntisham White, winning 7-1. Leopard Bragg and Kyle Kirschner netted a pair each and Max Hawthorne, Ross Mackie and Max Harding added the others.

Reds U9s narrowly defeated Stilton 7-6 courtesy of five goals from Thomas Martin.

Efforts from Oliver Bravo-Escos and Jack Goodyear saw Reds home.


DOMINIC Scott put the U11s ahead against Fulbourn but Rowdies failed to hold on as they lost 3-1.

The U16s stormed back from one down to beat Newmarket 4-1. Goals from Jamie Waterworth, Harvey Phillips and Geovarni Monta were topped up by an own goal as Rowdies maintained their form.

Leon Fulianty bagged the Rowdies F U10 goal in the 4-1 defeat by Hemingford.

The U13s got level with Newmarket when Nathan Dawson netted but were caught on the break to lose 2-1.


THE U13s deserved more from their game against Great Bardfield than the 5-1 score suggested. Tom Hall was in form in goal and William Whitney bagged a glorious goal.


A GOAL in the first minute by Will Nelson set the U12s on the way to a 3-1 win against Mildenhall. Marcell Cherlin bagged the second and Loz Wilson made sure with the third.


COUGARS U15 roared into a 3-0 lead but had to grind out the final minutes against Soham to win 4-2. On target for the Cougars were Sam Hills, James �Belbin, Ellis Sullivan and Josh �Haynes.


WHITES U10s entertained Bluntisham Red in a tense game with little between the teams.

Louis Spicer broke the deadlock in the second half but Bluntisham fought back to find both an equaliser and a late goal for a 2-1 win.

The U11s led by a Ben Williams strike at the interval but Fenstanton came out strongly after the break and won 4-2. �Buckden’s second goal came from Josh Tibbs.

Kestrels U7s played hosts to Warboys and managed an emphatic 12-1 win. Goals came via Jack Squire (5), Mack May (4) and Max Smalley (3).


TWO early Needingworth strikes left the U12s with an uphill battle but a brave fightback and a brace from Harry Cox saw them level at the break.

Needingworth hit three second half goals to win 5-2.

The U10s trailed by six goals at the break but improved after the break and saw Harrison Pescud score the consolation in the 8-1 defeat to Staploe.