Round-up: Brothers Land a double goal strike
St Ives Ladies A DOUBLE strike from Helen Clarke wasn t quite enough as St Ives battled out a 4-4 draw at Division 1N rivals Bourne. Laura Robinson and Maddie Williams were the other scorers for an injury-hit St Ives, who fielded a number of new faces and
St Ives Ladies
A DOUBLE strike from Helen Clarke wasn't quite enough as St Ives battled out a 4-4 draw at Division 1N rivals Bourne.
Laura Robinson and Maddie Williams were the other scorers for an injury-hit St Ives, who fielded a number of new faces and had goalkeeper Mel Wood to thank for some fine saves.
Clarke's late second earned Saints the point when it seemed they would return fruitless.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Men
A GOAL apiece from brothers David and Andy meant it was Land ahoy for the St Ives first team as visitors Bedford II were defeated 2-0 in a friendly.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
A penalty corner gave Saints the lead as David Land produced a controlled volley from close range to open the scoring as St Ives controlled the game.
Another penalty corner made the game safe, Andy Land this time putting the chance away to leave Saints in fine fettle ahead of the league campaign's restart this weekend.
Meanwhile, St Ives II were romping to a 6-1 victory at Bedford III. Although Saints went a goal behind, Kishor Shah, Peter Holland, Richard Corbett, two, Patrick Cooney and Simon Bollom turned the game around to secure the emphatic win.
A solitary goal from Mike England wasn't enough to prevent St Ives IV from slipping to a 4-1 defeat at Bedford V.
St Neots Men
FIVE-star St Neots III got the new year off to a good start as they defeated visitors Peterborough V by five goals to three.
A brace from Sean Sanderson was added to by goals from Dave Silk, Martin Newsom and Mike Webb as Saints coasted home.
St Neots Ladies
LOUISE Watts opened the scoring as St Neots cast aside visitors Chess Valley by four goals to nil. Amy Wilkinson added a strike of her own before Watts completed her hat-trick to earn the side a comprehensive victory.
The first XI were also in action on Sunday and this time defeated Rolls Royce HC by a 3-0 scoreline. Watts, Sarah Moore and Sam Bradbury netted to send Saints through to the next round of the HA Vase competition.
St Neots III were thankful to Juliana Dickinson who bagged a hat-trick in a 4-0 demolition of Saffron Walden IV. Ali McMurray was the other goalscorer.
A YOUNG Cambridge University III team were no match for Huntingdon's first XI, who battled their way to a 3-0 victory. Sara Chadband and a Kath Perkins double ensured Huntingdon victory.