Round-up: Boon seals first win for Godmanchester
GODMANCHESTER ROVERS claimed a first league win of the season with a 1-0 victory over Swaffham Town in Ridgeons Division One. A goal from Lee Boon was enough to seal the points for Rovers. Alconbury made it an emphatic three from three to rise to the top
GODMANCHESTER ROVERS claimed a first league win of the season with a 1-0 victory over Swaffham Town in Ridgeons Division One. A goal from Lee Boon was enough to seal the points for Rovers.
Alconbury made it an emphatic three from three to rise to the top of the Peterborough Premier League by dispatching Stamford Belvederes 8-0. Shane Pitchford bagged a hat-trick, Gary Gibbs added two, and the other goals came from John Reddell, Shakeel Tolcher and an own goal. Alconbury now sit two points clear at the top of the division.
In the same league, Ramsey fell to a 3-2 defeat at Moulton Harrox, scoring through Adam Rothery and Daniel Youngs.
Somersham Town got off to a winning start under new boss Paul Taylor, running out 3-1 victors against Milton. Justin Ives scored a penalty after eight minutes, but Milton equalised soon after. Ives added a second spot-kick on 20 minutes and Phil Light headed home before half-time for the final goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Hemingfords United also picked up the points in their first league game on Wednesday with a 4-0 win over Great Paxton. Adam Cray scored two and Ady Beer and Nick Cade added the others.
Eaton Socon took the spoils in their clash at Needingworth in the Kershaw Premier, winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Andrew Conway and Sam Argyle.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'