Round’s trip to world champs
ANOTHER young rower from St Neots Rowing Club has been selected to represent Great Britain. Jacqui Round will represent her country at the under 23 World Championships taking place in Hazewinkel, Belgium. Jacqui has already represented Britain at two inte
ANOTHER young rower from St Neots Rowing Club has been selected to represent Great Britain.
Jacqui Round will represent her country at the under 23 World Championships taking place in Hazewinkel, Belgium.
Jacqui has already represented Britain at two international regattas this year, competing in the coxless fours. However, she will travel to Belgium as part of a coxless pair.
The championships take place from July 20-23 and eyes will be firmly on those taking part with a view to the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui was selected after teaming up with University of London rower Lizzie Hodges and recording a time measuring 96 per cent of the predicted time required to win a gold.
Unfortunately under 16 scullers Joanna Fitzsimons and Natalie Bream just missed out on selection after extensive heats, being narrowly beaten by Henley.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
As reported last week, Rosie Henderson, of St Neots Rowing Club, has been selected to represent her country at the World Junior Rowing Championships.
It had not been clear which boat she will be racing in but following further trials she will compete in the coxless pairs.
Rosie will be coached by a former St Neots Rowing Club member, Eve Singfield, herself a junior international while at St Neots.