TRAMPOLINING: Huntingdon talent retains place in Great Britain development squad
- Credit: Archant
Rising Huntingdon star Carys Verdicchio has been selected for the Great Britain development squad for the second successive year.
The 13 year-old, from the Rotations club, is the only trampoline talent from the East region to make the cut.
The selection process is based on performances throughout 2019 as well as a profiling session held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre.
As part of the GB group, Verdicchio will compete at an international competition in Portugal, in April, and attend five weekend training camps.
Carys' mother and coach, Sonia, said: "Everyone at the club is very proud of her achievement of being selected for the second year running.
You may also want to watch:
"Carys is hugely dedicated to her sport and the amount of hard work she puts in is definitely paying off."
Verdicchio is a pupil at St Peter's School in Huntingdon.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester