Rose ready for Paralympics after World Cup silver
ST NEOTS alpine skier Sean Rose claimed a silver medal in his final event before his bid for medals at the Paralympic Games in Vancouver. His second place in the second downhill race of the IPC World Cup Finals gives him an overall third place at the end
ST NEOTS alpine skier Sean Rose claimed a silver medal in his final event before his bid for medals at the Paralympic Games in Vancouver.
His second place in the second downhill race of the IPC World Cup Finals gives him an overall third place at the end of the 2009-10 World Cup series.
He finished nearly two seconds behind the USA's Joe Tomkins, who had the advantage of competing on home snow.
It shows Rose is in top form as he looks to bring back medals from the Paralympic Games, which begin on March 12.
You may also want to watch:
He has made a number of breakthroughs this season, and announced himself as a major force in the event when he claimed gold in the downhill at the World Cup race in Sestriere on January 20.
Rose will also compete in the Super-G and Super Combined at the World Cup Finals, before travelling to Canada, where he competes in his first event on March 13.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder