Roosters pair are Lionhearts
St Ives Roosters duo Paul Ashbridge and Sam Peel selected to represent the England Lionhearts
PROUD chairman Sue Gaunt lauded yet another “tremendous honour” for St Ives Roosters after club pair Paul Ashbridge and Adam Peel were selected to represent the England Lionhearts.
The duo were selected after impressing for the East of England representative side in the recent Lionhearts trial tournament.
They will represent England in this season’s Home International championship, with clashes against Scotland this Saturday at Leeds, Ireland at Hemel Hempstead on July 16 and then Wales on August 6, with the venue still to be decided.
Gaunt said: “This is a tremendous honour for our club, as Paul and Adam make it six Roosters players who have now been selected for England.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a great record of developing players and the club is well regarded in the rugby league community.”
There were also representative honours for Roosters players Michael Drake, Lewis Hall, David Sykes, Christopher Sykes and Jamie Noble who represented the East of England.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
They played their part in helping the Easts to victories against the Midlands, London and the South East and narrowly losing to a last-minute try against Yorkshire.