Personally the best Peterborough Marathon for Riverside Runners St Neots
- Credit: RIVERSIDE RUNNERS
The Peterborough Marathon proved as popular as ever and there was even more reason to celebrate for a number of athletes from Riverside Runners St Neots.
Staggered starts were used in what was one of the first marathons post-lockdown and three personal bests helped the ladies to the team prize.
Kellie Judd clocked three hours 20 minutes 58 seconds while Joana Cerveira came home in 3:28:55 and Pags Claudianos in 3:38:59.
Judd said: "I'm emotional as it was a massive personal best of 29 minutes. It wasn’t the easiest of courses with lots of twists and turns but I would do it again."
They weren't the only PBs at the event though for the club's runners.
James Parkinson (2:56:51), Russ Hewitt (3:03:53) and Anthony Charters (3:55:12) all went quicker than before, the latter after coming so close in his previous six marathons over a three-year period.
The event also saw Ann Elmers take part in her second run over the 26.2 -mile distance, finishing in 5:25:52.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on