Personally the best Peterborough Marathon for Riverside Runners St Neots
- Credit: RIVERSIDE RUNNERS
The Peterborough Marathon proved as popular as ever and there was even more reason to celebrate for a number of athletes from Riverside Runners St Neots.
Staggered starts were used in what was one of the first marathons post-lockdown and three personal bests helped the ladies to the team prize.
Kellie Judd clocked three hours 20 minutes 58 seconds while Joana Cerveira came home in 3:28:55 and Pags Claudianos in 3:38:59.
Judd said: "I'm emotional as it was a massive personal best of 29 minutes. It wasn’t the easiest of courses with lots of twists and turns but I would do it again."
They weren't the only PBs at the event though for the club's runners.
James Parkinson (2:56:51), Russ Hewitt (3:03:53) and Anthony Charters (3:55:12) all went quicker than before, the latter after coming so close in his previous six marathons over a three-year period.
The event also saw Ann Elmers take part in her second run over the 26.2 -mile distance, finishing in 5:25:52.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 4 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 7 Blue Beard! David dyes his beard bright blue to support MIND
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 10 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers