ATHLETICS: Terrific Taylor triumphs again
- Credit: Archant
Victories are proving to be like buses for one local athlete.
Riverside Runners man Michael Taylor stormed to success in the Bedford Harriers Half Marathon last Sunday.
Taylor clocked a terrific time of 1:11.56 to triumph in a race which attracted more than 750 competitors.
He finished a minute-and-a-half clear of his closest rival - runner-up Jordan Clay of Leighton Buzzard AC - to follow up a success in the Bass Belle 10-mile event the previous weekend.
A number of other Riverside members took part in the Bedford race with Russ Hewitt setting a new personal best of 1:23.35. Wayne Bailey (1:46.18), David Gillbanks (1:59.20) and Lynne Regan (2:00.20) also produced performances of note.
You may also want to watch:
The St Neots club enjoyed more glory at the Nottingham Winter Marathon.
Jo O'Regan (2:45.24) led in clubmate Caroline Brooks (2:49.29) for a one-two finish in the ladies race. It was also a personal-best effort from Brooks.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Others from the club opted to compete in sunnier climes as they tackled the Valencia Marathon in Spain.
Rodrigo Santos finished ninth overall with an excellent 2:39.19 display while Neil Shorten set a new best of 2:43.57.
Santos had the added satisfaction of beating his brother, Nuno, who is now based in Portugal. He clocked 2:47.26.
And Santos' wife, Joana Cerveira, recorded a personal best of 47.06 when running in the accompanying 10k race.