Ritchie roars again after six years out of the ring
- Credit: Archant
Super-heavyweight Ritchie Januszek continued his fine return to the ring at the weekend.
The 32 year-old St Ives Academy fighter has completed a hat-trick of successes in the last month after six years out of the sport.
Januszek ruled supreme in a re-match against Hurstlea ABC opponent Rob Eldon at a show in Felixstowe – just as he had done when they met recently at the Corn Exchange in St Ives - to earn a unanimous decision.
Coach Steve Whitwell said: “Ritchie decided to take a bit of time out of the sport and it ended up lasting for six years.
“We bumped into each other a few months ago and he asked if I could get him back in the ring again.
You may also want to watch:
“His return has gone very well with three wins and things are looking good for the English Novice Championships in September.
“I can see Ritchie being a big favourite in the Class A division given his current form.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages