SWIMMING: First Strokes talents claim Cambridgeshire County Championships medals
- Credit: Archant
Two young talents from First Strokes Godmanchester Swimming Club have made a cracking start to the 2020 Cambridgeshire County Championships.
Riley Hall followed up victory at the event last year by striking gold again in the 200m butterfly event for 13yrs boys.
He also collected silver in the 100m butterfly and will be looking to add to that with the 50m butterfly later in the championships.
It is the eighth consecutive year in which a swimmer from First Strokes has tasted victory on the county stage.
Hall's clubmate Hannah Pye, competing at this level for just the second time, picked up a superb bronze medal in the 10/11 yrs girls 100m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
She was beaten only by two swimmers from the much larger City of Cambridge club.
First Strokes are hopeful of adding to their medal haul during two further weekends of county competition.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?