Riders out in force at Hunts mountain biking day
MOUNTAIN bikers came from as far away as Bournemouth to tackle a course around Hinchingbrooke Country Park on Sunday at St Ives Cycling Club’ annual ride.
MOUNTAIN bikers came from as far away as Bournemouth to tackle a course around Hinchingbrooke Country Park on Sunday at St Ives Cycling Club’s annual ride.
The morning session consisted of four ‘Go Ride’ age races for junior cyclists organised by British Cycling coaches, with the senior ride in the afternoon.
The seniors competed on a 3.6-mile course, with many riders getting their first ever taste of competitive mountain-biking.
You may also want to watch:
The highest-placed St Ives Cycle Club member was Josh Ibbett, who came second in the senior male category with many of the other St Ives members placing well in the top half of their fields.
On bumpy terrain that tested handling skills as well as speed, home rider Jack Bent won the U10 race. Colin Mantle won the U8 race, and visiting riders Thomas Timberlake (Cyclelife Dunstable) and Adam Gough (Perse School Club) won the U12 and U14 races respectively.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding