Hunters confirm Revell return for new season
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Town have confirmed the appointment of Laurence Revell as their manager for the 2020-21 season.
Revell joined the club in March, after chairman Doug McIlwain moved to ensure the club’s survival in United Counties League Division One.
And after starting his time in charge with a goalless draw against Rushden & Higham, Revell led the side to a 2-0 home win over high-flying Blackstones.
The season was then suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic, as the UK went into lockdown, and all non-league competitions from step three and below were eventually declared null and void, with results expunged.
Revell appeared for local sides Eynesbury Rovers, Royston Town and Potton United during his own playing career, before moving into management to take charge of Bedfordshire County League outfit Cranfield United.
You may also want to watch:
He led them to a runners-up finish, while also having two successful spells at Potton United, and will call upon an experienced backroom staff at Huntingdon, including Kevin O’Sullivan and Graham Haggar, who all worked with him previously at Potton United and Cranfield.
O’Sullivan played in the League of Ireland, while Haggar has managerial experience with Royston, and Revell has also added sports therapist Nick Whitehouse – who previously worked with Barnet and Histon – to his team.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k