Red flag halts Railton progress
Grafham rider back in action at Brands Hatch
ANOTHER solid result was achieved by Jonathan Railton during his latest outing at the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship over the weekend.
The 20-year-old Grafham racer, having qualified in 25th place from a strong field of 48, crossed the line in 24th on race day at Brands Hatch – round eight of the championship – before it was red flagged.
Only 40 of the 48 who started qualifying made it through to the race and, after an indifferent start, Railton began to make progress.
However heavy rain meant the race was red flagged 10 laps in.
You may also want to watch:
The next round of the championship is at Cadwell Park in three weeks.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity