Records and recognition for rising sibling stars
- Credit: Archant
Two terrific siblings are taking the cricket scene by storm.
Michael (14) and Katherine (13) Speed are setting records and gaining recognition for their performances at junior and senior level.
They are products of the thriving youth set-up at home village club Houghton & Wyton where close to 80 youngsters now play regularly.
Michael became the youngest Houghton & Wyton player to hit a ton in senior cricket when scoring 107 in Hunts Division Three last month. Katherine set a new record when reaching three-figures in a Hunts Under 13 Girls fixture.
They are not bad with the ball either, being entrusted to bowl the final nine overs of a first XI win over Buckden.
Michael recently received a first call-up to the Hunts Under 25 team for a Development match against Norfolk. He represents the county at Under 17 and Under 15 levels as well and also captains the Houghton & Wyton Under 15 side.
Katherine is part of the ECB Under 15 talent pool and trains with Essex Girls. She also features for Hunts Under 15 and Under 17 Girls and also plays plenty of club cricket for Houghton’s Under 13 and Under 15 teams as well as their senior sides.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
She also captained the St Ivo School team which reached the national finals of The Lady Taverners Indoor Competition at Lord’s.