Records and recognition for rising sibling stars
- Credit: Archant
Two terrific siblings are taking the cricket scene by storm.
Michael (14) and Katherine (13) Speed are setting records and gaining recognition for their performances at junior and senior level.
They are products of the thriving youth set-up at home village club Houghton & Wyton where close to 80 youngsters now play regularly.
Michael became the youngest Houghton & Wyton player to hit a ton in senior cricket when scoring 107 in Hunts Division Three last month. Katherine set a new record when reaching three-figures in a Hunts Under 13 Girls fixture.
They are not bad with the ball either, being entrusted to bowl the final nine overs of a first XI win over Buckden.
You may also want to watch:
Michael recently received a first call-up to the Hunts Under 25 team for a Development match against Norfolk. He represents the county at Under 17 and Under 15 levels as well and also captains the Houghton & Wyton Under 15 side.
Katherine is part of the ECB Under 15 talent pool and trains with Essex Girls. She also features for Hunts Under 15 and Under 17 Girls and also plays plenty of club cricket for Houghton’s Under 13 and Under 15 teams as well as their senior sides.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
She also captained the St Ivo School team which reached the national finals of The Lady Taverners Indoor Competition at Lord’s.