Rankin rescues point
UCL Division One Eynesbury Rovers 1 Buckingham Town 1 A LATE equaliser from Dwayne Rankin, his third goal in three matches, sent a bumper Hall Road crowd home happy. A reduced admission price boosted the gate and Eynesbury began well with Neil Morris see
UCL Division One
Eynesbury Rovers 1 Buckingham Town 1
A LATE equaliser from Dwayne Rankin, his third goal in three matches, sent a bumper Hall Road crowd home happy.
A reduced admission price boosted the gate and Eynesbury began well with Neil Morris seeing his drive held by the visiting keeper.
Jamie Graham and Rankin combined for the latter to loop his effort over the bar before Buckingham hit back when Tony Joyce rattled the crossbar from a free-kick.
Debutant goalkeeper Ricky Dent made a good save to deny Nicky Bine after the break but was powerless to prevent Chris Robson giving the visitors the lead after he conceded a penalty on 69 minutes.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
Graham and Rankin combined again for Eynesbury but Rankin's shot flew wide before substitute Ben Lawrence fired over from outside the box.
The home side eventually got the break they deserved in the 88th minute when Graham found Rankin in space six yards from goal to fire home.
Both sides had late chances to win the game but Rankin could not find enough power in his header and the visitors' Paul Dart headed wide.
* Eynesbury were due to face Cockfosters in the South Midlands Floodlit Cup as The Hunts Post went to press and welcome Peterborough Northern Star on Saturday.