Ramsey Ladies lose Grace Norman Trophy final
RAMSEY Ladies narrowly lost out 2-1 to Girton Ladies in the final of the Grace Norman Trophy. They had battled bravely through to the final at Lakeside Lodge, only clinching the semi-final win after Nancy Smith and Rosie Hall won the deciding match on the
RAMSEY Ladies narrowly lost out 2-1 to Girton Ladies in the final of the Grace Norman Trophy.
They had battled bravely through to the final at Lakeside Lodge, only clinching the semi-final win after Nancy Smith and Rosie Hall won the deciding match on the last hole. In the other semi-final, Girton overcame Bourn in even tighter circumstances, as the final match went to the third extra hole.
In the final, Ramsey struck first as Dawn Robinson and Lucy Mills triumphed over Jean Curtis and Anne Lockwood 4&2 in the top match.
Girton's Fiona McGlashen and Margaret McCall were down in their match against Ramsey's Pat Parnell and Mary Fielding but fought back and took the lead on the 17th hole. They then won the 18th to finish two up to level the match.
You may also want to watch:
With the match tied at one-one, it was left to the final game on the course to decide the destination of the trophy. Girton stalwart Sue Hill, playing with junior Emily Slater, produced some excellent golf to hold off a spirited challenge from Ramsey's Smith and Hall, clinching the match 4&2 and the trophy for Girton.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'