Rampant Rangers over-run college
St Ives Rangers Disability FC entered a regional Football Association tournament and came away with a 5-0 win against Cambridge Regional College. Rangers also played teams from Watford, Norwich City, Ipswich Town, Colchester United and Bedford and compete
St Ives Rangers Disability FC entered a regional Football Association tournament and came away with a 5-0 win against Cambridge Regional College.
Rangers also played teams from Watford, Norwich City, Ipswich Town, Colchester United and Bedford and competed excellently, earning a draw with Watford, with only narrow defeats in the other matches.
The tournament was part of the FA Eastern Region Ability Counts League, funded through the FA's Ability Counts programme, which gives disabled adults the chance to play regular competitive football.
The tournament was held in Cambridge and on the day Tony Stocks hit five goals for Rangers with Aaron Edwards also on target.
You may also want to watch:
Marlon Jeremy impressed for the B team, scoring twice in their four games against some top class opponents.
Rangers manager Ron Osborne said: "The standard was very high at the tournament, and the lads showed that they were able to compete against the best in the region."
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
Results from the tournament will be carried over to form a league table at the end of the season and the next fixture is on November 15.
INFORMATION: The teams are organised jointly by Huntingdonshire District Council, the Hunts FA and St Ives Rangers FC. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact HDC's Ryan Armes on 01480 387098.