Rampant Godmanchester Rovers run riot to continue their winning streak
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers’ latest success was in the bag after six minutes last night.
Matt Clements’ men breezed to a 6-0 victory over troubled Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division rivals Haverhill at the David Wilson Homes Ground.
Half of the damage was done in the opening few minutes as they climbed into third spot in the standings courtesy of an eighth successive league victory.
Luke Brown tapped in the opener after only three minutes and doubled the tally when clinically completing a counter-attack only 60 seconds later.
Midfield maestro Micky Hyem marked his return from a mid-season skiing trip with a third goal when heading in a Jonny Hall corner.
You may also want to watch:
The same supply line was responsible for the fourth Rovers goal as defender Charlie Bowen continued his scoring streak before Lloyd Groves got in on the act with a fifth before the break.
Austen Diaper provided the only breakthrough of the second half on a night when the Rovers groundstaff deserved as much credit as Clements’ in-form players following a day of heavy rain.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told