Railton wins class at Silverstone but misses out on title
GRAFHAM S Jonathan Railton ended his season on a high with two great rides at Silverstone. Though Railton produced a commanding ride to win the U25 class in the final championship round of the season, it was not enough to seal the U25 Cup which went to ri
GRAFHAM'S Jonathan Railton ended his season on a high with two great rides at Silverstone.
Though Railton produced a commanding ride to win the U25 class in the final championship round of the season, it was not enough to seal the U25 Cup which went to rival Sam Bishop by just three points.
Railton was on the pace throughout the weekend, dominating the Cup class qualifying with times more than two seconds a lap faster than Bishop which secured sixth overall.
In the race he convincingly won the Cup class to take maximum championship points, but Bishop secured a gritty third place to take the title narrowly.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday's non-championship race saw the use of a Le Mans-style start, with riders running across the track to mount their bikes and take the start. The grid ballot placed Railton seventh, and a good sprint and start saw him riding third into Copse.
Together with Pauli Pekkanan, Kelvin Reilly and James Edmeades, the four pulled away from the pack, swapping places over the next ten laps. Railton kept up the pace to finish fourth overall for another class win.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k