Railton still in the running for podium places
- Credit: Archant
A solid weekend of racing saw Little Paxton’s Jon Railton move up into fifth place in the Ducati TriOptions Cup.
The latest round of racing took place over the Bank Holiday weekend at Cadwell Park, in Lincolnshire, and saw the 25-year-old secure two fifth-place finishes.
Points accrued over the course of the competition saw Jon move from sixth to fifth place in the overall standing, with his sights firmly set on forcing his way into the top three as the season progresses.
Jon said: “I am pretty satisfied with the finishes at Cadwell. There has been steady progress this season and it leaves me in good shape heading into the final three rounds.
“I’m going to take it race by race and if I can sneak into the podium positions it will set me up nicely for next season.”
You may also want to watch:
The next race takes place at Oulton Park, in Cheshire, from September 9-11.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip