Railton roars back on track in British Superstock 1000 series
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton has set his sights on climbing into the top 10 of the British Superstock 1000 Championship.
Railton finished 18th when returning to the grid for the third round of the championship at Oulton Park recently.
The 24 year-old from Little Paxton is back in action this weekend for round four which forms part of the undercard as the World Superbike Championship series visits Donington Park.
Railton said: “It was looking as though I might take a year out to try to come back bigger and better in 2016, but my long-standing sponsor Boast Plumbing Supplies built me a bike and paid for the entries into the series.
“We made decent progress in the last round at Oulton Park considering it was our first outing and it is not one of my favourite tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“I was pretty happy to finish 18th after qualifying down in 28th, but I’m aiming to start scoring points going forward.
“The top 10 is my aim and I think it is fairly realistic. Donington is a track I enjoy and I’m looking forward to it.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Railton is riding a Kawasaki ZX10R capable of reaching speeds of up to 185mph.