Railton retires from Silverstone race
- Credit: Archant
Electrical problems forced Jon Railton into an early exit from the penultimate round of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship last Sunday.
The Little Paxton-based racer had been plagued by mechanical issues throughout the weekend and eventually called it a day just before half-distance in the 11-lap race when losing time.
Railton admitted: “The problems flared up when we did a test day at Silverstone a couple of weeks ago.
“They were still there at the weekend and although we tried a few different things, we couldn’t get the problem sorted.
“Hopefully we can get the bike right for the final round at Brands Hatch and be in a position to challenge for a half-decent result to end what has been a difficult year.”
You may also want to watch:
The series concludes at the Kent circuit over the weekend of October 16 to 18.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k