Railton races to second-best result of season at Croft
GRAFHAM’S Jon Railton enjoyed his second-best result of the year at Croft, finishing 19th.
GRAFHAM’S Jon Railton enjoyed his second-best result of the year last weekend at Croft, finishing 19th.
The 11th round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 championship saw the 19-year-old tackle the fast and bumpy circuit, improving his lap times each session before qualifying 23rd.
In the race Railton became embroiled in a battle with David Anthony (Aprilia RSV4), Chris Martin (Yamaha R1) and Sam Warren (BMW S1000RR).
As the race progressed, Warren fell off the pace, allowing Anthony to make a break. Railton was left to battle with Martin, who finished two seconds ahead at the flag.
You may also want to watch:
Railton next races at the penultimate round of the championship on the Silverstone GP circuit on September 26.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens