Railton on a charge after clutch trouble
- Credit: Archant
Little Paxton racer Jon Railton produced a swashbuckling ride to storm from the back of the grid to fourth position in the sixth race of the Ducati TriOptions Cup season last Sunday.
Railton scythed through the field in the 10-lap race at Donington Park in Leicestershire aboard his Boast Plumbing Supplies machine.
It helped to make up for disappointment in the earlier fifth race at the same venue, when he was forced into an early retirement due to a clutch problem.
And, with grid places for the second race of the weekend based on quickest lap times in the first race, he found himself at the rear.
But ultra-consistent Railton was able to salvage the situation with a fifth top-six finish of the campaign so far.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The bike feels better than ever and it was great to score good points in the second race of the weekend to make up for the disappointment of retiring in the first.
“Ten laps is not a huge amount of time in which to be able to work through the pack, but I was very pleased to manage a fourth place.
- 1 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 2 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 3 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 6 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
“My confidence is high for the rest of the season.”
Railton now faces a break from the track until the Ducati TriOptions Cup series resumes at Thruxton over the weekend of July 22 to 24.