Railton hit by gearbox grief
Hunts rider Jonathan Railton suffers from gearbox problems in his latest motorcycle race.
GREMLINS haunted Jonathan Railton in the eighth round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship race held at Snetterton last weekend.
Railton was beset with problems to his gearbox during free practice and the first qualifying session at the Norfolk circuit. The second qualifier on Saturday was cancelled because repairs were required to the circuit, so Railton qualified 28th for the race on Sunday.
The team worked tirelessly to resolve the problems and in free practice on Saturday afternoon Railton thought the faults had been resolved as he set lap times quicker than he had done in qualifying.
Railton made a meteoric start in the race and ended the first lap in 20th place . By lap three he was up to 18th before the race was red-flagged because of an accident.
You may also want to watch:
After the restart Railton was embroiled in a battle with Yaxley rider Rob Hoyles and Sam Bishop from Norwich. It was clear from the lap times that he was struggling and eventually he was forced to pull out of the race with the same gearbox problems that had caused problems earlier in the weekend.
The next round is at Brands Hatch in three weeks’ time.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service